reportedly fear Antonio Rudiger could be banned by Uefa for the Champions League first leg tie against Arsenal, as a verdict looms.
The German defender is one of four players under investigation for indecent conduct after the 4-2 penalty shootout win at Atletico Madrid.
Atletico made official complaints regarding alleged unsportsmanlike behaviour from , Daniel Ceballos and Vinicius Junior.
READ MORE:
READ MORE:
With a verdict expected on Friday, state the other three players are expected to receive a fine and could be handed a one-match while Rudiger's case is different.
He is said to have made a throat-slitting gesture which is considered to be threatening.
"That kind of behaviour doesn't sit well with UEFA's code of conduct," a former disciplinary official has said about similar gestures in the past.
He is currently at doubt to face Arsenal for the first leg of the quarter-final at the Emirates next week.
The Spanish giants will already be without Aurelien Tchouameni, who is suspended for the first game.
Speaking at a press-conference last week, Los Blancos manager Carlo Ancelotti : "We trust UEFA, we believe everything was done correctly.
"The players celebrated, and we're waiting for to give us some feedback, but we're confident that everything will turn out well. We are confident in UEFA’s verdict as the players had just celebrated, that’s it"
Rudiger's absence in north London would be a major blow for Ancelotti and Co.
If he is suspended, the Italian manager, will has three options for defence in Raul Asencio, David Alaba or Jesus Vallejo.
meanwhile, have also had their own issues heading into the clash.
It was confirmed that Gabriel Magalhaes will miss the rest of the season as he will require surgery on a hamstring injury.
also had to be withdrawn late on with a knee complaint in the 2-1 win over Fulham on Tuesday while Ben white and Riccardo Calafiori missed out due to their own fitness issues.
You may also like
Hindu temple vandalised in Canada, police release photo of two suspects
IWL 2024-25: Indian Arrows continue winning start with 1-0 win over Inter Kashi
Fake website offering jobs in rural development department pulled down
Kamala Harris says 'I'm not here to say I told you so' in her first major statement against Trump administration
Rajya Sabha clocks 119 pc productivity with historic 17-hour sitting